Notes from Meeting on 1/25/01
Officers present: Sharry Starner, Annette Smith, Mitzie 'Lee' Stickley
The first meeting of the new year was convened and led by acting President Sharry Starner. A Treasurer's Report was presented by Annette Smith.
After the Treasurer's Report the plans for the upcoming Club Banquet were presented and discussed:
- The Banquet is to be held at the Amish Door of Wooster on March 15, 2001. The specifics being gathered and prepared for a newsletter that will be mailed to all individuals in the Club's database.
- A rough flow-chart for the Club's Meeting to be held at the Banquet was prepared.
- Ernie Smith is scheduled to be the speaker at the Banquet and will give a presentation dealing with tax issues and racehorses: business or hobby?
- The Officer election process was reviewed.
- Fund-raising ideas were presented and discussed.
Then the plans in place for this year's Matinee were presented:
- The Matinee being scheduled for May 12, 2001 with a rain date of May 13, 2001.
- Post Time: 11:50 AM with the first race scheduled to go off at NOON.
- The Officials that have been hired and confirmed:
- Presiding Judge: Charles Smith
- Charter: Debbie Rush
- Starter: John Hochstetler
- Photo Finish: Gary Nestor
Next, the Officers present, decided that the Club's
Rules and By-Laws need to be changed and updated this year and have scheduled time in the first meeting after the Banquet to summon members and have a vote to ratify the changes. In the meantime, any Member may submit in writing the changes they would like considered by the Club.
With this week's business concluded, the meeting was adjourned.
The next meeting is scheduled for February 1, 2001 at 5:00PM.
Last Updated: January 25, 2001; 10:30 pm EST